[texworks] Drop of Python scripting support

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Nov 2 10:20:24 CET 2011

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> (Paul, I'd guess that Philip isn't running LaTeX, and so is unlikely to get errors presented in that form even if the script is installed and enabled.)

An informed guess that is, of course, 100% accurate :-)

> These are messages generated by xdvipdfmx while embedding graphics of some kind (JPEG files, maybe?). As they're not generated by the (xe)TeX engine, they don't end up in its "transcript file"; they're only written to the terminal window (which in texworks means the "output panel" at the bottom of the source window).
> TeXworks doesn't consider that the run ended with an error (based, IIRC, on the exit code from the engine that is run), and so by default it hides the output panel when the process finishes. You can re-open it manually (from the Window menu, I think) to see what was written there, whether errors, warnings, or just progress messages. You can also turn off the preference to automatically hide it at the end of the run.

Excellent, re-opened the Window and I now see :

This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9997.4 (Web2C 2010)
entering extended mode
(./A3-Poster.tex [1]
** WARNING ** Profile size: 7261
** WARNING ** Invalid ICC profile header in "(null)"
** WARNING ** Profile size: 7261
** WARNING ** Invalid ICC profile header in "(null)"
** WARNING ** Profile size: 7261
** WARNING ** Invalid ICC profile header in "(null)"
  )
Output written on A3-Poster.pdf (1 page).
SyncTeX written on A3-Poster.synctex.gz
Transcript written on A3-Poster.log.

> That I don't know. Maybe they're always generated, but the timing is such that you don't always see them before the console panel is hidden?

OK, I will try to prevent the window from self-hiding and repeat ...
Yes, consistently present.  So, next question -- how might I best
go about tracking down the cause of these ?

** Phil.