[texworks] Drop of Python scripting support

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:56:06 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-10-31 19:37, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Stefan Löffler
> <st.loeffler at gmail.com <mailto:st.loeffler at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     [1] "the wrong/naive/illusive Python embeding in this monstruous exe",
>     "this project has drifted to become unusable", "completely
>     irresponsible"
>

> Did they provide any specific examples of what is going wrong or
> suggestions on how to improve things? Phrases like "completely
> irresponsible" carry a lot of impact, but without supporting evidence
> they are not very helpful.

No evidence as such (as in: things to fail, systems that are broken,
etc.) and no suggestions on how to improve things.
I should clarify that I received friendlier mails some time ago (from
the same person), but after a short discussion it converged to a "simply
don't do it, XYZ says it doesn't work" for me. No alternatives, no ways
to improve things.

As a result, I decided to drop Python for now, as stated in my previous
mail. On the positive side, the Windows build has become smaller ;).

Cheers,