[texworks] Ctrl Click

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:34:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-10-19 07:30, David Woodfall wrote:
> On (12:23 18/10/11), Charlie Sharpsteen <chuck at sharpsteen.net> put
> forth the proposition:
>> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM, David Woodfall
>> <dave at dawoodfall.net>wrote:
>>
>>> Do you recommend anything in particular? Texlive is on slackbuilds.org
>>> but it's a real bugger to compile. Do you know of anything lighter?
>>>

>> Just use the net installer from TUG. As I recall it delivers
>> pre-compiled
>> binaries to Linux boxes. You can customize the installation so that
>> it is as
>> light or heavy as you want.
>
> Installed but ctrl-click still isn't working. Do I need to recompile
> Texworks against texlive? Or any other ideas?

TeXworks doesn't need to be recompiled, but you need to make sure it
uses the new binaries (in case you have uninstalled teTeX, have only
TeXLive now, and running pdflatex (or any other) works from Tw,
everything should be ok).
Of course you need to retypeset your document to produce the SyncTeX
information.

If that still doesn't help:
 - Does running TeX produce a .synctex or .synctex.gz file alongside
your .pdf file?
 - Is there any message in the status bar when the pdf file is opened in Tw?

HTH