[texworks] Texworks quit working (on windows)

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 03:08:16 CEST 2011

Hi Paul!

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Paul A Norman <paul.a.norman at gmail.com> wrote:
> For extracting helpful dupms/information to files for reporting purposes,
> this recent (July) release under Windows may be helpful...
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896656
> Full MS list of useful Windows tools at
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb795533
> Paul

Ah...  So Ntinternals lives on, but I suppose it's been "assimilated"!

Anyway, I would be happy to download and run this if anyone would find
that helpful.  (As I mentioned, my immediate problem has been solved
by downloading the older r466 version that meets my simple needs.)

Note however, as I understand it, the ListDLLs tool is used for running
processes (so it offers complementary capabilities to the Dependency
Walker tool).  But in my case, my "broken" version of texworks.exe
exits almost immediately, so I'm not sure that I'd be able to run ListDLLs
on it.

Again, if there experiments that would be useful to others, I would be
happy to try to run them.

Thanks for the link to the sysinternals tools.

Best.

K. Frank