[texworks] problem when typeset

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:21:50 CEST 2011

Hello,
** Leonardo Fonseca Avendano [2011-10-03 18:53:56 -0500]:

> Hi, I'm having problems with my Miktex portable version, this message is
> shown:
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (MiKTeX 2.9)

> pdflatex.EXE: Path pattern is not covered by file name database.

> pdflatex.EXE: Data: E:\LaTeX

> texify: pdflatex failed for some reason (see log file).

> I don't know what to do!
This message can be irrelated with TeXworks at all but indicate a problem
with your (portable) MiKTeX configuration.

To check this, run cmd.exe, change directory (cd command) in it to the same
place were file, that you open in TeXworks, is located and simply run
pdflatex on it

$> pdflatex DOCUMENT.tex

If this works, then may be there is a probem with TeXworks configuration
or how MiKTeX portable and TeXworks is interoperate with each other.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Decorate your home.  It gives the illusion that your life is more
interesting than it really is.