[texworks] Wishlist for pdf previewer

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:30:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

first, I want to thank everyone who has participated already (or will do
so in the future). There are lots of good ideas around here!

Now, to this particular case:

On 2011-09-25 13:35, heck.johannes at googlemail.com wrote:
> Alternatively, one could integrate this feature probably in the
> statusbar (on the right side where actually "Page X of YZ" is
> displayed). Would be nice if you could just click this field and then
> enter any page-number for jumping to this page.

I think I know what you mean. I've experimented with this, but have been
told that on the Mac, this significantly increases the status bar's
height (due to "clumsily large" widgets, AFAICT). However, there already
is a closely related feature: if you click on the status bar "Page X of
Y" string, the "Go to page" dialog should pop up. You can then enter the
page you want to go to, you only have to hit the return key to
acknowledge the new value.

HTH