[texworks] Texworks quit working (on windows)

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:06:14 CEST 2011

Hello Arno (and Felix)!

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Arno Trautmann <Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de> wrote:
> Felix Wieczorek wrote:
>>
>> I installed TeX Live 2011, downloaded today for a colleague, installed
>> it with advanced install, texworks runs perfectly.
>
> For the record: 64bit or 32bit? Maybe that is important …

My current copy of TeX Live claims to be 2011.  When I downloaded
the installer and installed it, I didn't notice any explicit 64-bit option.
When I run the various TeX Live applications (e.g., PS_View, DVIOUT
DVI Viewer, TeX Live Manager, and TeXworks editor), they all show up
in the windows Task Manger as 32-bit processes.  (Note, when trying
to run TeXworks, it does show up briefly in Task Manager -- long enough
to see that it's a 32-bit process -- before it exits almost immediately.)

So, my Tex Live installation appears to be 32-bit (and I wasn't aware
that there might be a 64-bit option).

> cheers
> Arno

Thanks.