[texworks] Configuration for English and Russian

heck.johannes at googlemail.com heck.johannes at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:00:11 CEST 2011

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
From: Herbert Schulz
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 12:44 PM
To: Discuss the TeXworks front end.
Subject: Re: [texworks] Configuration for English and Russian

On Sep 26, 2011, at 3:19 AM, <heck.johannes at googlemail.com>
<heck.johannes at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is not a *texworks* question, but I'll try a short answer. You should
> use the "babel"-package for multilingual documents.
> Just load the package with the following line in your preamble:
> \usepackage[russian,english]{babel}
> Then you can switch in your document with \selectlanguage{english} and
> \selectlanguage{russian} between the two environments.
> Have a look at the babel helpfile
> (http://mirror.ctan.org/info/babel/babel.pdf) for further options.
>

> Greetings
> Johannes H.

Howdy,

Does the babel package now work correctly with XeLaTeX?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Hello,

for me babel works with (transliterated) greek and german and compiling
through XeLaTeX.
But in most cases I use direct Unicode input of foreign characters, as David
hinted. For Hebrew Text I also use XeLaTeX with Unicode and make use of the
bidi-package for the correct placement of commas etc. after RTL-Passages
within my LTR-Text.

Greetings,
Johannes