[texworks] using asymptote in typeset menu

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Sep 23 12:30:49 CEST 2011

On Sep 22, 2011, at 8:35 AM, Kresimir Demeterfi wrote:

> I am trying to add asymptote to the Typeset Menu on the Mac but do not know how. I can do it in TexShop but not in TeXworks. GIven that asymptote is widely used for drawing when typing in TeX it would be useful to add it as part of standard menu in the future, just like you have MakeIndex and BibTeX now.
> Thank you for your help.

Howdy,

What exactly do you mean when you say you can add it to the Typeset Menu in TeXShop? If you mean add an engine to the typeset popup menu on the Source & Preview window toolbars you can do that in TeXworks by creating a new typesetting tool (TeXworks->Preferences->Typesetting->Processing tools). If you mean actually adding something to the Typset Menu in TeXShop you can't do it there either unless you build your own custom version of TeXShop.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)