[texworks] zoom devours memory

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Sep 19 17:36:34 CEST 2011

Arno Trautmann wrote:

> Stefan Löffler wrote:

>> But Charlie and I are currently working on an overhaul of the pdf
>> previewer, which among other things should increase the response time of
>> the application (by rendering in the background and displaying a scaled
>> image until that is finished).

In that case, may I beg, plead, appeal, ask, beseech you,
crave, entreat, implore, petition, pray, solicit, and supplicate
for a marquee zoom.  I find a virtual magnifying glass the most
useless zoom tool in the world, and the current previewer
drives me /insane/ by seemingly providing only that one mechanism
for zooming.  When I want to zoom, I almost invariably want to
marquee zoom; it is hard to imagine that others do not feel the same.

Philip Taylor