[texworks] Typing Arabic numbers in TexWorks

Mustafa Kaya kaya200 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 14:25:06 CEST 2011

Dear list members,

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I have TexWorks
installed (via launchpad PPA) on my Linux Mint 11 system. I use the
Arabxetex package alongside fontspec and xelatex to happily typeset Arabic
documents. However, I realized that I am not able to type the numbers in
Arabic in TW interface. I mean of course the actual digits used in the
Arabic script, not the Arabic numerals of the Latin alphabet.

I am able to type numbers in Arabic in Libreoffice, though, using the same
fonts like KacstBook, Amiri, etc.

Is there a way to type actual Arabic numbers in TW environment?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,

Mustafa