[texworks] Change encoding

Ignasi Furió ignasi.furio at uib.cat
Fri Sep 16 11:50:47 CEST 2011

Is it possible to change encoding of an already openend file?

I know how to change encoding for texworks, but sometimes I don't remember
(or know) which encoding has
some file until it's openend. If it's wrong I have to change encoding in
preferences, close texworks (without saving), open again and add %!TeX
encoding to the file.
  Could it be possible to open a file and if it has different encoding,
select the good one from a menu and automaticaly reload the file applying
new encoding?

If I'm not wrong some other editors can do it.

Thank you,

Ignasi