[texworks] “Remove Aux Files” from “File” to “Edit”?

Jérome Laurens depmath21 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:49:30 CEST 2011

Le 10 sept. 2011 à 14:58, Stefan Löffler a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On 2011-09-10 14:46, Arno Trautmann wrote:
>> A shortcut would be the best idea, indeed … but why is there no default shortcut? Is it a functionality users should not use too often?
>
> Well, shortcuts are not the most consistent thing in Tw, I'm afraid.
>
> But yes, normally users should not need to use the "Remove aux files..." function too often (and indeed we sometimes get questions here that indicate that there are many users who've never ever used it - or don't even know about what all the auxiliary files are for). So unless you "mess with a lot of experimental code" (;)), things should "just work" most of the time.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

The "Remove aux files..." is not the best choice as a name because it does not help a lot beginners that need to clean aux files.
When one of the aux file is corrupted (when changing the babel language option for example),
the log file is not really helpful and never suggests to remove the aux files.
I would be in favour of a "Clean" or eventually a "Reset" action which suggests that it may also solve a problem.
"Clean aux files..." ?

JL