[texworks] “Remove Aux Files” from “File” to “Edit”?

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Sep 9 10:48:31 CEST 2011

Arno Trautmann wrote:
> Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>> Maybe simpler would be to make "Quit TeXworks" ask
>> "Really quit ?  You have multiple unsaved files open !".
>
> That won't help in my case. To explain:
> • I hit Alt
> • I hit up arrow twice
> • I hit Enter twice
>
> If I miss the second action once, it will select the Quit and I will confirm without even reading … so, “No” would have to be the default. But I don't like that personally, either …

Well, there are two schools of thought here, and personally I would
hope that any program that asks "Really quit ?" would default
to the "No" answer rather than the "Yes" ...

> Also, mostly all files are saved in that situation, as the deletion of aux files happens directly after compilation when I get an error.

That does complicate matters :-)

Philip Taylor