[texworks] TUG front page

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 23:44:59 CEST 2011

The page is now apparently the official entry point for TeXworks, not
Google Code.

> "front-end program"

Some how the whole concept of where TeXworks fits and what the actual
process actually is, has to get across.

A person who has been advised to use pdfLatex may not even recognise that ..

    "> The TeXworks project is an effort to build a simple TeX
front-end program"

..has anything to do with what they are being advised to look for.

At the moment you need to already know what it is all about, to even
get a glimour of what is being meant on the current front page, its
currently a chicken and egg situation as far as understanding goes for
entry level people.

We've had users post here who were not even aware that they needed a
TeX* distribution like MiKTeX to go with TeXworks - some quite
naturally see it as a sort of MS Publisher or InDesign - al in one
package - initially I think!

>"Now it could certainly be rewritten; but someone has to do it..."

Needs a consensus first.