[texworks] Typesetting a Complete Document from Editor of Included Document

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 19:32:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-08-12 13:21, Michael R. Wirtzfeld wrote:
> Incorporating the "% !TEX root = path/to/root" document does the trick.
>
> Now, when I typeset and included document, I need to use <command-t>
> twice (Mac).  Initiating <command-t> from the included document only
> switches to the root-document, with no typesetting action.

This is not how it should happen. What version of Tw do you use?
The intended behavior is to run the typesetting process in the current
editor window (and only internally redirect to the master document).

Cheers,
Stefan

PS: If you start the typesetting from the pdf preview, since r927 it is
the default behavior to bring the editor window controlling the process
to the front so you can see the log. Before said revision, it would
remain in the background.