[texworks] Highlighting for LaTeX3 and LuaTeX

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 01:53:32 CEST 2011

Dear Arno,

There may be some limitations to the current syntax highlighting
regime in TeXworks, I already know that the period . breaks it when
using it for TeXwork's QtScript.

You can add sections like [Lua] in the syntax-patterns.txt
and manually switch to them at present or write script to use a hook
to recognise when a different type of document has been opened (either
by file extension or through internal investigation).

Have you looked at the help information in the manual for writing your
own syntax sections in syntax-patterns.txt?  Appendix section "A.1
Syntax highlighting" gives a good overview.

You can access your syntax-patterns.txt through your TeXworks menu>
Scripts / Scripting TeXworks / Show Scripts Folder then go up one
folder and find the folder  "configuration"

Any thing that you need that does not already work (for example _ or :
may break the syntax highlighting regime as does . already mentioned),
you may want to write an issue up (perhaps do a search there first) on
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/list

Paul