[texworks] problem with shortcut

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:05:23 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-27 16:00, Carlo Marmo wrote:

>     This seems like a weird place to me, somehow (though since it's
>     not an absolute path and I don't know your setup, I can tell for
>     sure).
>     Is the folder you get when you click on "Scripts > Scripting
>     TeXworks > Show Scripts Folder" a sibling of that folder (i.e.,
>     they have the same parent folder, namely .Carlo/texworks). If not,
>     you picked the wrong folder. According to
>     http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Locating_and_customizing_TeXworks_resources,
>     the folder should be something like
>     "C:\Users\Carlo\TeXworks\configuration" on Windows 7...
>

> The folder I am redirect to when pressing "Show Scripts Folder" is:
>
> "C:\Users\Carlo\texlive2010\texmf-conifg\texworks\scripts"
>

> The folder where I've put "shortcuts.ini" is:
>
> "C:\Users\Carlo\TeXworks\configuration"
>
> Did I pick the wrong folder?

Yes - or the wrong TeXworks ;).
The upper folder apparently is part of the TeXLive installation, which
means that you seem to be using a TeXworks version provided by TeXLive
(and consequently customized to fit the TL folder scheme). The lower
folder would be OK if you used Tw as downloaded from Google Code
(without any modifications; as you indicated earlier).

So, either update your shortcuts to use the GC version of Tw, or move
shortcuts.ini to the folder
C:\Users\Carlo\texlive2010\texmf-config\texworks\configuration.

HTH