[texworks] Announcement: CMake build system now in SVN trunk

Atri Bhattacharya badshah400 at aim.com
Sat Jul 23 23:04:31 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 13:07 -0700, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
> Over the past few months I have been working on a new buildsystem that
> aims to make it easier to configure and compile TeXworks and then
> package binaries for distribution. Today I merged this work from
> GitHub into the TeXworks subversion repository. Hopefully this will
> make it easier for people to hack on TeXworks to add features or fix
> bugs.
>

> The new buildsystem is based on CMake:
>

>     http://cmake.org
>

> To build TeXworks using CMake, the following dependencies will be
> required:
>
> -Charlie

Hi!
I package texworks for openSUSE, a linux distribution. I am happy to see
such a change toward using a consistent route for building texworks
across platforms. I would also like to emphasise that it would do me a
world of good if a "cheat" page could be created as a guide for
packagers. It could, for instance, list all possible configurable
options using the cmake based system, other tips, recommended practices,
etc.

Thanks and bye

--
Atri