[texworks] problem in ubuntu 11.04

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:45:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-07-18 11:45, Jiří Fišer wrote:
> [snip]

all that data seems to check out...
However, I could not reproduce this so far (even after removing all the
development packages). Can anyone else reproduce this?

> On 2011-07-17 15:06, Jiří Fišer wrote:
>> if I try to launch texworks,  I get the following message:
>>
>> jirka at jirka-MS-7469:~$ texworks
>> texworks: symbol lookup error: texworks: undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii

The only time I've seen such an error was when mixing Qt versions. Did
you by any chance have several versions of Qt on your system (e.g., from
previous releases, different repositories, self-compiled, ...) that
might be picked up?

Also, does any of the following shell commands work for you:

/usr/bin/texworks

texworks --version

qmake --version

And finally, what's the output of