[texworks] problem in ubuntu 11.04

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:35:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-07-17 15:06, Jiří Fišer wrote:
> if I try to launch texworks,  I get the following message:
>
> jirka at jirka-MS-7469:~$ texworks
> texworks: symbol lookup error: texworks: undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii
>
> Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Not without additional information ;).

*) Where from/How did you get TeXworks?

*) What's the output of `uname -a`?

*) What's the output of `apt-cache policy texworks`?

*) What's the output of `apt-cache policy libqt4-core`?

*) Did this problem occur before, did it pop up recently (e.g., after an
update), or did you just install it (i.e., never used it before)?

To me, it looks like a Qt version mismatch, but this is just a wild
guess at the moment.

HTH