[texworks] HELP with Tw 0.4.3 syntax highlighting

Grzegorz Popek gralcio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:23:04 CEST 2011

You can also define your rules for syntax highliting in a
syntax-patterns.txt file in your TeXworks\configuration folder. After that
you choose your syntax coloring from the top menu: Format -> Syntax Coloring

Below are some examples of what I have in mine syntax-patterns.txt. You can
use some of these as a base for new ones or just to see how it works. And
setting colors is of course up to you as well :)

[LaTeX_Gralcio]
# special characters
darkred        N    [#^_{}&]

# LaTeX refs
cyan/black;B    N    \\(?:ref|eqref)\s*\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX cite
purple/lavender    N    \\cite\s*\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX footnotes
black/lavender    N    \\footnote\s*\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX begin/end document
red/black;B    N    \\(?:begin|end)\s*\{document\}

# LaTeX environments
black/moccasin;B    N    \\(?:begin|end)\s*\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX sections
black/red;B        N    \\chapter\s*(?:\[[^]]*\]\s*)?\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX sections
yellow/brown;B        N
\\(?:section|subsection|subsubsection)\s*\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX labels
greenyellow/black;B    N    \\(?:label)\s*\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX packages
black/moccasin;B    N    \\usepackage\s*(?:\[[^]]*\]\s*)?\{[^}]*\}

# LaTeX definitions
black/cyan;B    N    \\(?:def|let|newcommand|renewcommand)\s*\\[^{^[]*

# LaTeX commands\environments' renewals
black/cyan;B    N    \\(?:re|)new(?:command|environment|theorem)\s*\{[^}]*\}

# control sequences
mediumblue    N    \\(?:[A-Za-z@]+|.)

# Math Inline
darkmagenta;B    N    \$[^$]*\$