[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 10:56:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-13 20:56, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> Stefan Löffler wrote:
>
>> By downloading r844 or later (hopefully). I just committed my patch and
>> uploaded new builds.
>
> Thank you !  And please forgive my naivety, but when you say "download
> r844 or later", are we talking about "download from TLnet", "download
> from CTAN", or "download from somewhere else" ?

ah, sorry. It's "download from somewhere else", namely
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list where all the Tw
binaries (for Windows, anyway) are uploaded. Arguably, frequent changes
only happen to "experimental" builds, but in the phase we're in right
now these are (almost) as stable as the "stable" releases. TL only takes
stable releases, AFAIK (and doesn't upgrade them - but then again, all
Tw stable releases have been made just in time for a new TL release so
far ;)). CTAN doesn't host Tw, I think (or if it does, this is
maintained by someone else).

> ** Phil (who recently removed all but "basic" from his "completion"
> folder and now has a TeXworks that doesn't manifest the previous
> odd behaviour).

This is easily explainable: the basic scheme only includes stuff like
greek characters, but no environments, so all the "{" business is bypassed.

HTH