[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:18:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-12 15:32, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> So why is it that when I type
>
> \def \foo
>     {
>
> and then press <tab> at the start of the blank line
> below the "{" (which is itself indented with one tab),
> TeXworks insists in entering
>
>     alertenv}<>
>
> and putting the cursor between the angle-brackets ?

Because it's a bug ;). Seriously, I've found this behavior myself some
time ago, started to patch it, but apparently got side-tracked by other
things. Anyway, IMO it's definitely not intended that autocompletion is
triggered on an empty line (or one containing only whitespaces).

> I have no idea what "alertenv" is, nor do I want
> it inserted; how may this be avoided, please ?

By downloading r844 or later (hopefully). I just committed my patch and
uploaded new builds.

HTH