[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jun 12 15:32:51 CEST 2011

Dear fellow TeXworkers --

I am a strong believe in the importance of layout, and
would never trust a mere editor (not even TeXworks) to
perform layout for me.  So why is it that when I type

\def \foo
     {

and then press <tab> at the start of the blank line
below the "{" (which is itself indented with one tab),
TeXworks insists in entering

	alertenv}<>

and putting the cursor between the angle-brackets ?

I have no idea what "alertenv" is, nor do I want
it inserted; how may this be avoided, please ?

Philip Taylor