[texworks] TeXworks 0.2.3 (R.466) -- alternative previewer

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jun 12 15:23:42 CEST 2011

My sincere thanks to both Paul Norman & Stefan Löffler for
their replies.  It transpired that I was running an out-of
date version of TeXworks, so I have now carried out a full
update on my TeX Live 2010 installation [1] and this has brought
with it a more recent TeXworks, as a result of which I shall
shortly be able to try Paul's and Stefan's suggestions.

And to clarify, yes indeed I am a very happy Windows (XP)
user (not sure I would be anywhere near so happy with more
recent versions of Windows !).

Philip Taylor
--------
[1] It also resulted in a near-disaster, in that TikZ/PGF
no longer behaves as it did, and I was in the middle of
a project in which TikZ plays a vital role.  Fortunately
I was able to track the problem down to TikZ's redefinition
of \end, and subsequently to work around the problems that
causes.