[texworks] where does python27.dll come from?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 16:06:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-10 09:39, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> I downloaded and unzipped, but TeXworks doesn't start, even if I want
> to start it as administrator.

Thanks for testing and reporting. As pointed out in the thread, the Lib
folder is indeed still necessary (it seems it picked up a different Lib
folder on my machine - one shouldn't mix different python installs ;)).
Anyway, using the one from the older releases is not ideal, as they were
taken from the MSVC build. Therefore, they might depend on libraries
etc. and might even be incompatible with the built-in mingw library.

Anyway, I've uploaded a new version where this problem hopefully is solved:
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/releases/TeXworks-w32-0.5-r843.zip

Regards,