[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Wed Jun 8 20:07:35 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Santiago, Lualhati
<L.Santiago at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed the latest TeXworks version: (May 2011) TeXworks 0.4.1
> released and it has stopped working (it no longer converts my work into pdf
> or dvi). It used to work perfectly before.
>
> It says: latexmk.exe: The Perl interpreter could not be found.

This problem is not with TeXworks directly, but `latexmk` which is the
program being called to compile your TeX document into PDF. `latexmk`
is a Perl script that takes care of compiling and recompiling LaTeX
document the proper number of times such that all bibliography
information is present and all table/figure/equation references are
resolves---and much more.  Running a Perl script will require that a
Perl interpreter is installed.

> I never had this problem with the previous version. It never required me to
> install the Perl interpreter.

Have you used `latexmk` to compile documents before?