[texworks] low sensitivity of two finger scroll up/down built-in pdf viewer

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Wed Jun 1 19:23:36 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:00 AM, Jinglei Hu <jingleihu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear developers,
> I have been trying TeXworks 0.4.1 r.829(personal) on Mac OSX SL 10.6.7, and
> found that two finger guesture scroll down/up is much less sensitive in
> TeXworks built-in pdf viewer than that in  systme built-in quick look.

I would guess this is because the TeXworks PDF viewer displays
documents one page at a time. Each time you scroll to the top or
bottom of a page the viewer pauses, loads another page, and resets the
scrollbar.  This seems to me like something that could cause "choppy"
scrolling behavior.

I guess the real test is:

   Does two-finger scrolling work as expected in the TeXworks text editor?