[texworks] Background image Drag N' Drop installer (was: Updated builds of TeXworks for OS X)

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sat May 28 18:25:11 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2011-05-15 03:01, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
>>   - If anyone is feeling artistic, it would be nice to come up with a
>> snazzy background image for the Drag N' Drop installer.
>
> I was not feeling particularly artistic, but since nobody else had a go
> at it, I wrapped something up. It's really just a rip-off of the Firefox
> image Wolfgang posted, but maybe it's helpful. I'm attaching two
> variants with version numbers (0.4.1 & 0.5) and one without. Please tell
> me which one you prefer.
>
> HTH
> Stefan
>
> PS: I've created the image as vector graphic (.svg). If you want, I can
> send you that as well, but in any case it's easy to change things and to
> make .pngs at arbitrary sizes.

This looks great!  Although I think we need to remove the icon images
as they will be provided by the icons of the actual app and folder.
For example, here is the actual background image used by the firefox
DMG:

    http://i.imgur.com/pmb1B.png

Having the SVG file would be interesting as we could possibly insert a
variable for the version number that gets filled in during
configuration. Then something like ImageMagick could be used to render
the SVG to a PNG.

-Charlie