[texworks] Font setting forgotten

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat May 21 23:07:27 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-21 at 05:54:41 -0500, Josiah Manson wrote:

 > That was it. Thank you for your help.
 >
 > You may consider adding some warning message or doing something
 > else to let users know that the chance is not permanent and point
 > them in the right direction. It did not occur to me that I had
 > simply gone to the wrong menu, because everything seemed to work as
 > expected until I restarted the editor. This is especially true
 > because I can't think of a reason to temporarily change fonts.

Such a warning message is certainly nice for beginners, but annoying
for everybody else.  Generally, if something doesn't work as expected,
it should be sufficient to look into the manual.

On the other hand, I don't object if a warning message pops up by
default which contains a button "Don't show this message again".
Of course, it's extra work for the programmers.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25