[texworks] message from TeXworks user(MiKTeX)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:34:27 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-04-08 10:24, Michael Anyadike-Danes wrote:
> I have loaded a new .bst file, updated the MiKTex database, but when I
> open (otherwise) exactly the same file in TeXworks it gives the
> message below, can anyone advise?
>

> Michael Anyadike-Danes

> ! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
>
> \par ...m \@noitemerr {\@@par }\fi \else {\@@par }
>
> \fi
>
> l.18

With the information you provided, I'm afraid no one can guess what's wrong.
Some shot in the dark: did you try to remove all auxiliary files (e.g.,
via the "File" menu)?

If this doesn't help, it would be helpful if you could provide the
following information:
 * what .bst file do you use (is it a customized one, maybe?)
 * does this problem occur independently of which bibliography file you
use? (sometimes, there is wrong data in the .bib file already)
 * a minimal example file; basically, an empty document with just one
\cite command (and, of course, your .bst file) should suffice, if this
is a fundamental problem.

HTH
Stefan

PS: Which versions of Tw and MiKTeX do you use? On which operating system?