[texworks] Poppler fonts

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:28:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-03-31 10:27, Paul A Norman wrote:
> Had as spare moment, used you file Stefan, thanks for that was
> thinking that was the next step.

Thanks for testing.

> 1. the Tw new fonts folder in place,
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13401476/general_images/Tw-Stefans-base14-fonts-with-Tw-fonts_folder.jpg

That's how it should look like ;).

> 2. and then again with the fonts folder not available,
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13401476/general_images/Tw-Stefans-base14-fonts-with-Tw-fonts_folder-renamed.jpg

This is very weird indeed! If I do the same (rename the fonts folder), I
get the following

Namely, all fonts are replaced by suitable TTFs from the
C:\Windows\Fonts folder, except for ZapfDingbats, for which no suitable
replacement is available, and which therefore gets replaced by the
fallback default arial.ttf.

Can you check
 * what the fonts bar in Tw shows
 * if you have the files used for replacement on my system installed
(you'll probably need to use the command line, as the Windows explorer
shows the font names instead of the file names, AFAIK)

Just for clarification: I used Tw 0.4.0 and 0.5 on WinXP for my tests.
Did you use the same?

HTH