[texworks] smart quotes – default?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:35:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-03-29 11:43, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> Long introduction, short question: How do I turn off smart quotes by
> default?
> (using svn Version 0.5 r.765 under Arch Linux with the yaourt package
> texworks-svn)

the smart-quote default setting is governed by "Edit > Preferences... >
Editor > Smart quote mode" (NOT "Format > Smart quotes", which is for
the current document only). As Paul already pointed out, it should be
off (None) by default. It was also mentioned already that the setting is
stored for the most recent documents, but that probably should be of
little concern to you (as I imagine you'd always switch them off, anyway).

HTH