[texworks] once more: problems with eps and ps figures in texworks

Vandebroek, Martina Martina.Vandebroek at econ.kuleuven.be
Mon Mar 21 22:04:07 CET 2011

Hello,

I am working with texworks and windows 7 entreprise.
I normally transform all my pictures into pdf format which works fine but now I have to use a tex file from someone else which includes .eps and .ps pictures.

Texworks does not give me any error messages but I do not get any of pictures in my compiled pdf file either.
I have been looking on internet for advice. I have looked at the simpler remedies (as I do not understand the more complicated once): I have installed ghostscript, made sure that epstopdf.pl and epstopdf.sty are available but that does not help.
The preamble is (partly):
\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage[,margin=0.95in]{geometry}
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
\usepackage{subfigure}
\usepackage{epsfig}
\usepackage{epstopdf}
\usepackage{changebar}

Does anyone knows what is going wrong?
Is it better to use Winedt instead of Texworks if one has .eps or .ps figures to include?

Thanks for all possible (simple) advice,
Martina