[texworks] Using translations in other software

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 17:41:35 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-03-18 09:02, Andreas Schumacher wrote:
> I am wondering, if I could use your translations (especially the
> qt-ts-files) for my commercial application.

All files of TeXworks repository are under the GPL (version 2 or later)
license. As such, you can use and modify them in whatever way you want,
provided that if you publish the result, it must be under a GPL license
again. While this doesn't technically prevent you from using them in a
commercial application, it would mean that you have to ship the source
code with your application.

I am not a lawyer, though, so if you want to know the exact license
details, please read the file
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/COPYING

HTH