[texworks] Call for Help: Proofreading the manual

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Mar 15 13:12:40 CET 2011

On Mar 15, 2011, at 3:17 AM, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> should I take from the silence on the list that the manual is already
> perfect (I assume not)? Or is everyone busy with other things?

I've got a large dataset importing into InDesign, so have some time:

pg. 4 - ``For Linux: every Linux distribution includes a TEX distribution,''
 - every or most? I don't think Damn-small-Linux or Puppy Linux does.

``As alternative to TeX Live, one can use teTeX''
 - ``As _an_ alternative...''

pg. 5 - ``If you want to obtain an "‘official"’ version,''
 - redundant quotes around ``official''
 - also on pg. 6

pg. 7 - ``(LA)TEX is not a WYSIWIG1''
 - acronym still wrong. Should be ``WYSIWYG''

pg. 8 footnote 2 ``You cannot use your "‘normal"’''
 - criss-crossing quotes again

Data's done running, so back to work....

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer