[texworks] "jump to source" not working 0.3r736

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:15:00 CET 2011

I've just installed the test build TeXworks-w32-v0.3r736-build1.zip on a
64 bit Windows 7 machine.  The "Jump to Source" menu item on the right
mouse button in the previewer appears to do nothing; "Jump to PDF" in
the editor brings the previewer to the front, but doesn't go to the
right page.

I suspect this is due to problems reading the .synctex file, but I don't
know how to diagnose what they are.  Version 0.1 r432 is fine with the
file.  (The reason I suspect problems is that the .synctex file is a
little unusual:  it is not compressed, and it has been edited from the
original one produced by pdflatex.  So it is possible that the edits
have messed it up, but I don't know how.)

I have put most of the example files online at
http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/temp/texworks.  (There are
missing figures, but the main source files are there.)  The .Rnw file is
the real source; jumps should almost all go to it.  The .tex file is an
intermediate file produced by Sweave.

Duncan Murdoch