[texworks] Call for Help: Proofreading the manual

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Mar 8 01:42:20 CET 2011

On 2011-03-07 at 22:21:41 +0100, Stefan Lšffler wrote:

 > I've replaced the font for the quote on the front page by the
 > original one, with the exception of "TeX" which is set in standard
 > Latin Modern.  I chose that Chancery font because I think it looks
 > somewhat better - more "handwritten" - than the normal Latin
 > Modern. I guess it's a matter of taste...

I'm wondering why you want to use handwriting in a document about a
typesetting system.  An allusion to the pen the TW logo? :)

 > On 2011-03-07 18:22, William Adams wrote:
 > >  - do we want to use guillemets for quoting in the English
 > >  - language version? I see English quotes in some places,
 > >  - guillemets in others --- shouldn't this be consistent?
 >
 > The normal text should use English quoting everywhere. IIRC,
 > Guillemets are used only in the regexp section to delimit text that
 > is to be input into a textbox. With normal quotes, it would be too
 > easy to mistake it for a quotation mark character, at least during
 > casual reading, IMO. If guillemets are used anywhere else it would
 > be wrong.

I recommend to add \usepackage{upquote} to the preamble.

This package replaces typographic quotes (which look like commas) in
verbatim environments and in arguments of \verb.

  /quoteleft  ==> /grave
  /quoteright ==> /quotesingle

I prefer this because you have to use these quotes on the command line
and within programs anyway.

On page 33 of manual-r39-1.pdf I get (pasted from AR):

   Ctrl+Õ    Go to Source

but I suppose that it should be:

   Ctrl+'    Go to Source

Is the correct character used in the source file?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25