[texworks] Call for Help: Proofreading the manual

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Mar 7 15:31:56 CET 2011

On Mar 5, 2011, at 11:23 AM, Stefan Löffler wrote:

>> two word stack ``and and'' in the paragraph after the bulleted list
>
> Sorry, I didn't get this. There are many "and"s in that sentence, but I
> didn't see "and and" anywhere. Could you write a suggestion?

A stack is a special case of a ``river'' in typesetting. It's when
the same word appears on or or the other side of a paragraph,
the problem with such a construct is that it makes it hard to determine
the next line to read.

^^^
three line ``stack'' of the word ``the''

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer