[texworks] Call for Help: Proofreading the manual

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:43:15 CET 2011

Hi,

some more progress to report.

On 2011-03-05 17:23, Stefan Löffler wrote:
> On 2011-03-04 17:44, William Adams wrote:
>> Front page --- if it's at all possible, could we use a less ornate
>> font for the line ``“lowering the entry barrier
>> to the TEX world”'' --- three cap swashes in a row is a bit much, also I don't see a reason for the quotes
> I haven't changed that yet, but will once I find the time to look for a
> good font.
> The quotes are there because it's a quote - namely from the Tw homepage,
> or the Tw "franchise", if you want to call it that. If we turn this
> manual into an official one, we could also get rid of them, though.

I implemented your suggestion, i.e., using a different, cleaner font and
removing the quotation marks.

>> Why is the first paragraph after a head indented?
> This is an excellent question - I haven't noticed this before. My guess
> is it must have something to do with the fncychap package (curiously,
> its docs only use drop caps), but I haven't found the time yet to
> investigate this further. If someone knows anything about this (or how
> to solve it), I appreciate any hint.

In fact, fncychap was not the culprit, babel was (or rather, the
sequence of options I passed to it). Since there are some french
examples in the text, both French and English have to be loaded. Despite
a \selectlanguage, the order of the languages in \usepackage did matter.
Apparently, in French typography you do indent the first paragraph ;).

In addition, I also cleaned up some backend problems in the html creation.

New versions are available at:
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/manual-r37.pdf
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/TeXworks-manual-r37.zip

Cheers,