[texworks] Call for Help: Mac builds

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:29:06 CET 2011

On 2011-02-05 22:59, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> $ xcodebuild ARCHS=x86_64
> Build settings from command line:
>     ARCHS = x86_64
> [...]
> ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **
> [...]
>
> Clearly there is much remaining to be done (modify TeXworks.pro in a clean and consistent way, such that setting ARCHS from the command line is no longer necessary;, build multi-architecture then universal; remove linking to fontconfig; update and include the poppler patches; update the build instructions; ...). I hope the above will motivate contributors, and give a point to start from.

Wow, congratulations! Now that this works, it's just a matter of tying
up a few loose ends and wrapping everything up neatly ;). Well, that's
still going to take a lot of work, but this is really a break-through!

For further steps, I'll comment in elsewhere in the thread where other
people have already commented on this.

Cheers
-Stefan