[texworks] Getting package help - a Script

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 01:17:10 CET 2011

On 14 February 2011 13:11, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> On 14 February 2011 Paul A Norman wrote:
>
>  > This script runs TexDoc using a package name highlighted in the Tw
>  > editor.
>
> Hi Paul,
> I fear that a program called "TexDoc" exists only on operating systems
> which don't support ASCII yet.  On all modern systems the program is
> called "texdoc".

Thanks Reinhard, I have called it in the script using "texdoc", is
there a particualr OS that needs it to be called TexDoc that I need to
build in for?

> Making texdoc accessible from texworks directly is a great thing.  Did
> you consider to make the TeX FAQ accessible too?  This would be
> helpful if people don't know which package they actually need.

Yes I had some of that ready to go but Tw decided to not at present
make WebKit available as an additional module - I'll look into it
again when I can, I have some stuff that might be easily adapted.

Paul