[texworks] Implementing word and / or character level synchronization in TeXworks using SyncTeX

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 05:46:50 CET 2011

Dear Amartyo,

Here is a Script that may help a little, change as needed.

http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=261

Searching within Large Paragraph(s) located by syncTeX from Tw Previewer.

  Out of discussion: -
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/texworks/2011q1/003737.html

Standard Tw Find does not give multiple results for a Find performed
within in a Selected area.

  INSTALLATION: Unzip anywhere under your Scripts folder (new folder
or existing one or  none).

  USAGE:  Triple Click the target paragraph / select paragraph(s)
first, then run this script. Shortcut Alt+L & ALt+S

If multiple results are found, a drop down selection box is presented
to the User to choose from, otherwise if one result it found - the
chosen result is jumped to and highlighted.

Script has much room for improvement ...

And could be partially automated if we had access to a global varible
that could be updated at this point in PDFdocument.cpp Line 1464 (ver
0.3 rev 729)
TeXDocument::openDocument(QFileInfo(curDir,
filename).canonicalFilePath(), true, true, synctex_node_line(node));

  http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=472

Regards,
paul