[texworks] LaTeXmk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Feb 6 15:08:10 CET 2011

On Feb 6, 2011, at 8:00 AM, Lars Madsen wrote:

> On 2011-02-06 14:48, Sivasubramani S wrote:
>> Hi Herbs,
>>
>>            I changed as you said . It is working fine.  My concern is
>> that i have included hyperref package.  Since in my thesis, i need to go
>> to many places using this packages.  when i use
>> \usepackage[hypertex]{hyperref}, the long line of the chapter or section
>> should be folded in table of contents.. This is working for XeLaTeX in
>> Tw.  However for Latexmk, it is not.
>>

>> That is why i asked you to run dvipdfm.  Even then the link is not
>> coming anywhere in my thesis.
>>
>> Let me know it.
>>

> erhm, isn't that
>
> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}?
>
> this document break fine for me
>
> \documentclass{memoir}
> \usepackage{lipsum}
> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}
> \begin{document}
>
> \tableofcontents*
>
> \chapter{This is a very long name such that the title need to break in
>  the toc}
>
> \lipsum
>
> \end{document}
>
> saved as ctt.tex and compiled and previewed using
>
> latexmk  -pdfdvi -e '$dvipdf = "dvipdfm %O -o %D %S";' ctt.tex -pv
>

>> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com
>> <mailto:herbs at wideopenwest.com>> wrote:
>>

>>    On Feb 6, 2011, at 12:31 AM, Sivasubramani S wrote:
>>
>>     > Hi,
>>     >     I am using LaTeXmk  tool  in Tw.  I have given argument as
>>    -pdfdvi.  I
>>     > would like  to change the default  dvipdf to dvipdfm or dvipdfmx.
>>     > Let me know how to do it in LaTeXmk
>>
>>    Howdy,
>>
>>    You should build a new Tool that basically runs the command line
>>
>>    latexmk -pdfdvi -e '$dvipdf = "dvipdfm %O -o %D %S";' file.tex
>>
>>    I think the lines in the Tool should be something like
>>
>>    latexmk
>>    -pdfdvi
>>    -e
>>    '$dvipdf = "dvipdfm %O -o %D %S";'
>>    $fullname
>>
>>    Good Luck,
>>
>>    Herb Schulz
>>    (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Just to add... This is one of those cases where you MUST explicitly use the driver name since there is no way for the hyperref package to know what dvi conversion you will use afterward. Newer hyperref/geometry/etc. packages that need to know the backend driver will usually default to dvips(->ps2pdf) when detecting dvi output.