[texworks] Call for Help: Mac builds

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 10:37:35 CET 2011

On 05/02/2011 09:28, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> The same request (not from Stefan) has been posted 3 days ago on the MacTeX list (the communication medium of the MacTeX Working Group, the group of people responsible for putting together a new MacTeX release each year). Nobody has been willing to take on the task so far. Problem in my case is time. And competence: for example, I don't even know which Qt is required from <http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/downloads#lgpl>: the complete SDK, or the framework alone?

I assume you mean the dev list, not the suer one? I'm on the user list
and don't remember seeing this. (When I tried to subscribe to the dev
list it seemed that it's invitation-only.)

> So, your willingness to take on the task is very welcome.

I'll try: no-one said I'll succeed

> As for instructions, some were posted at
>
> 	http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=107
>
> but a few months later they were reported to fail
>
> 	http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Building
>
> (look for the "Comment by microlatex, May 31, 2009"). And they relate to a specific version number of Qt, which is no longer current.

I think it was these that I tried the last time. I will have another go
later today and see what happens :-)
--
Joseph Wright