[texworks] missfont.log

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sat Jan 29 17:58:29 CET 2011

Le 29 janv. 2011 à 17:30, Sivasubramani S a écrit :

>       When i run latex in my texworks, missfont.log file is created in my home directory. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and texlive 2010.

This means your LaTeX input file calls fonts which are not available on your system.

> How to avoid this log file?  let me know get rid of it.

The file missfont.log should tell which font is missing, and otherwise the .log file of your LaTeX run (say myfile.log for a LaTeX input file myfile.tex) should also indicate missing fonts.

Then you can either remove the call of this font in your LaTeX file, though the origin of such calls is not always easy to identify (a .sty package can call specific fonts in specific encodings without your knowing it).

Or you can make sure the missing font is installed on your system. If the font is in MetaFont format, then the .mf files must be present at the appropriate places in your texmf trees; if it's a PostScript font, then the .pfb or .pfa files must be installed at the appropriate places and you must have told updmap to update the map files (such as psfonts.map) accordingly.

Such font-related issues are generally very difficult and time-consuming to debug. Besides, this is not a matter specific to TeXworks, it is a general TeX problem. Accordingly, a general TeX list or forum (such as comp.text.tex) would be a more appropriate place to look for help.

Bruno Voisin