[texworks] CPU resources

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 03:40:20 CET 2011

Hi,

I realise this can probably not be directly answered but write it up in
case any one has more information on it towards future resolution..

I was running Tw 0.3, rev 726, (Xp Pro SP3, dual core), and noticed that the
fan on the lap top was running 'hot'.

So explored to see what was using the CPU.

Tw was the culprit.

Yet all I was currently doing was just editing.

So opened a new blank Tw document and closed the Tw document I had been
editing.

Still Tw was churning through the CPU.

So I closed it (the last Tw window), and still it showed as an
active process churning through the CPU around 50% (half a dual core).

I extinguished the Tw process, and the CPU returned to normal, and the fan
stopped racing.