[texworks] Scripting: applyTranslation()

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 00:24:33 CET 2011

Thanks Stefan,

I must have been interrupted when doing Turkish - I was in the process of
it!

I assume that local speakers will know their own code,  the extra
information is for people who are not native speakers of the code(s) who,
while scripting, and working from English, are given extra information so
that they can know for sure what they are handling.
Also to help when there is more than one contender for the code or it is not
clear as in nl for Dutch, nl does not suggest Dutch directly, en (usa?)
hence Euro style (UK),  pl does not need any detail really. Will need to add
an entry for Persian - fa - afain not obvious in English.

And of course the two contenders for Portuguese - we have the Brazilian
version of Portuguese apparently.

es - Many English speakers are not aware of the language situation on the
Iberian peninsular and looking at the map, lump it all simplistically as
Spanish, which is not the situation -have  put  Castilian in the 3rd column
for consistency.

Paul

http://twscript.paulanorman.com/docs/html/TexWorksQtScripting.htm?applyTranslationQString.html