[texworks] texworks and pstricks

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 15:29:15 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-01-06 14:28, Doris Behrendt wrote:
> soon I need to use texworks on a ms-windows7-machine; I found that dvi
> -> ps -> pdf is not included in the default list of possible
> typesetting engines;

That's right, and there is a reason to it. Tw is designed in a
pdf-oriented way and primarily with the pdf*tex workflows in mind. As
such, those are included by default, since we are trying to "lower the
entry barrier into the TeX world". I guess there are not that many
newbies who will start out with PSTricks or some complicated conversion
workflow in mind.
Tw will never be able to suit everybody's needs by default. But as you
wrote yourself, this can be "repaired" (although I'd have chosen
"customized").

> it seems the people working on texworks don't know how many "we"
> pstricks users are ...

Indeed we don't ;).

-Stefan

PS: Have you had a look at